SDG Gender Index & Gender Advocates Data Hub
In September 2018, Equal Measures 2030 launched the new Gender Advocates Data Hub – an interactive website that brings together our global, regional and national data and influencing products, including EM2030’s SDG Gender Index and Advocate Survey findings.
The Gender Advocates Data Hub contains data visualizations, stories from the girls and women behind the data, advocate survey findings, partner and industry resources and more.
Explore data dashboards and country profiles, and analyse data per Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) and belonging indicators.
Our interactive and easy-to-use online platform aims to become a go-to resource for evidence-based policy and advocacy on gender equality and a broader resource for tracking gender and development-related progress.
More on the SDG Gender Index
In order to track progress against the gender equality promises governments made across the SDGs, Equal Measures 2030 developed a new SDG Gender Index to help track progress across the gender equality issues contained in the majority of the 17 goals. The Index enables us to tell a story of global progress, as well as being a tool that girls’ and women’s organizations, and advocates can use to frame their influencing on the gender equality elements of the SDGs.
How is the EM2030 SDG Gender Index distinct?
- Aligns to the SDGs and covers issues from across most of the 17 goals
- Draws on a mix of official SDG and complementary indicators to measure progress
- Includes measures of “inputs”, such as the presence of laws, policies, social norms, resourcing and financing, as well as “outcomes” or results
- Results in a composite score to compare countries’ performance
- Informs both rights-based and economic approaches
- Based on consultation with advocates and other stakeholders (from local to global)
- Available in an easy-to-use and interactive online platform