Global Report 2018
Global Report 2018: Data Driving Change
Read our 2018 global report, where Equal Measures 2030 introduces the pilot SDG Gender Index, a tool that tells the story of progress for girls and women and measures whether the world is on track to achieve gender equality by 2030. This global report unpacks the pilot SDG Gender Index to demonstrate its use for cross-country comparisons and in-depth analysis, and for the review of gender equality across the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Section 2 introduces the SDG Gender Index, the most comprehensive overall measure of progress towards gender equality aligned to the SDGs to date. It sets out the rationale for an Index that spans the full breadth of gender equality issues and outlines the unique design and development of the Index, spurred and guided by the data needs of those working at the frontline in the quest for gender equality.
- Section 3 provides an overall analysis of the SDG Gender Index findings across our six focus countries – Colombia, El Salvador, India, Indonesia, Kenya and Senegal – reinforcing the value of the Index for cross-country comparison.
- Section 4 shows how the Index can be used to deep dive into the national picture, featuring country profiles with real-life stories and details of the work of our national partners.
- Section 5 provides conclusions and next steps for the Equal Measures 2030 partnership, and is followed by annexes providing full details of the SDG Gender Index framework and indicators, the ‘missing’ critical issues, and our methodology.
- The annexes provide significant background information on the design and rationale of the SDG Gender Index. In particular, annex 3 demonstrates the SDG Gender Index at work across 12 of the 17 SDGs. Annex 4 takes a closer look at the policy issues that are currently ‘missing’ from the global data picture, but that are of critical importance for girls and women.