Web Coordinator / Administration Consultant
The mission of Equal Measures 2030 (EM2030) is to connect data and evidence with advocacy and action on gender equality, to transform the lives of women and girls. EM2030 is a joint effort of leading global, regional and national actors from feminist movements, civil society, the international development and private sectors.
A crucial part of EM2030’s work is disseminating data, tools and stories to gender equality advocates around the world. Having an accessible, interactive, dynamic and multilingual web presence is an essential component that will enable us to achieve our mission. As we prepare to launch the next iteration of the SDG Gender Index in early 2022, it is essential that our website is ready to meet the needs of advocates looking for data and stories to drive their campaigns. We are also in the process of merging our Data Hub with our main corporate website over this period.
Over this crucial period leading up to the Index launch, we are looking for a Web Coordinator to join our EM2030 team to oversee, manage, maintain and update our website development. As a small team, with limited resources in line with our non-profit mission, we are looking for candidates who thrive in a start-up environment and are comfortable operating as both manager and implementor, depending on the needs at the time.
You will act as a liaison between EM2030 and external web developer and data viz development contractors and will be adept at project management and vendor management. You will also be willing to roll up your sleeves and make updates and improvements to the site yourself. You must have a strong understanding of web maintenance, data protection and security issues and bring a vision for how EM2030 can manage and maintain its site in an efficient and cost-effective way.
We are especially interested in working with a Web Coordinator/Administrator who brings fresh ideas to make our data, tools and stories more accessible and more interactive for a wide range of audiences. Top candidates will be comfortable troubleshooting the website and constantly improve the User Experience (UX). You will be comfortable working in a small team and with limited resources and be propositional about the best way to manage and resource our web presence in a sustainable and cost effective way.
Scope of work
- Reporting to the Head of Communications, and working in close collaboration with other colleagues across the EM2030 team, act as the central point of contact regarding EM2030’s website development and merger of the website and Data Hub (website development and merger work is carried out by an external agency).
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade the merged EM2030 website to ensure the successful launch of our 2022 SDG Gender Index data and research.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors as required.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
- Identify and respond to all website security breaches.
- Ensure that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures.
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans.
- Suggest improvements to enhance the User Experience of the website regularly.
- Collaborate with all staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organisation's standards.
- Receive and respond to Webmaster emails in a timely and courteous manner and analyse and report on website user feedback.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices and monitor competitor websites.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- At least 2 years of work experience as a website manager.
- Excellent project management, budget management and vendor management skills, with the ability to act as a liaison between non-experts and technical service providers.
- Excellent coding skills for WordPress
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues
- Alignment with feminist and anti-racist values and principles is essential
- Fluency in English
- Understanding of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and SEO
- Experience with or a good understanding of data visualization, including Tableau
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit sector and ideally the charitable/sustainability sector
- French and/or Spanish language skills would be a significant asset.
Timelines and ways of working
- We are looking for a consultant to work with our team between September 2021 and March 2022 for an average of around 2-2.5 days per week. Flexibility to work more days during busy weeks and fewer days during quieter weeks would be an asset but is not essential.
- The work will be carried out remotely and require collaboration with colleagues situated across time zones from Mexico City to Delhi. Overlap with working hours in New York and London time zones is essential.
How to apply:
Please submit the following to be considered for this opportunity:
- A covering letter highlighting your relevant qualifications, skills and/or experience, and including your daily rate
- A CV
- Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application for EM2030 Web Coordinator/Administrator consultancy