Consultancy: Project Manager – 2022 SDG Gender Index
Equal Measures 2030 (EM2030) is a collaboration of national, regional and global leaders from feminist networks, civil society, international development and the private sector. We connect data and evidence with advocacy and action on gender equality, to transform the lives of women and girls and realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs.)
EM2030’s flagship data product is the SDG Gender Index, first launched in 2019. The Index aims to drive accountability for commitments to and for girls and women and their rights in line with the Sustainable Development Goals.
With just 9 years left to achieve the SDGs, EM2030 is launching its second iteration of the SDG Gender Index in early 2022. The Index and associated products and analysis will aim to engage and galvanise gender equality advocates and policymakers to reflect on progress to date and to commit to accelerated action with and for girls and women.
Equal Measures 2030 seeks a project manager to support the EM2030 Secretariat and partners to deliver a powerful release of the SDG Gender Index data and research (and associated communications products and events) in early 2022. This will involve working with the team to develop and having oversight of a complex project plan involving overlapping deadlines for research inputs, written content, language translations, report design and production, media and PR, events, etc. It will also involve budget tracking for key deliverables linked to the Index research.
The consultant will utilise light-touch and nimble project management tools and approaches and be open to learning and using existing project management tools used by EM2030 (such as Wrike and Microsoft Teams). The consultant will be skilled at building relationships and proactive in communicating about progress and solving problems. A commitment to feminist and anti-racist principles is essential. The EM2030 Secretariat team and partners are based across time zones and countries, meaning the ability to work remotely and flexibly will be essential.
The consultant is expected to:
- Work with the Director and EM2030 Secretariat to develop a detailed project plan for the SDG Gender Index research launch products and activities.
- Identify dependencies, spot bottlenecks, and proactively support the Secretariat to deliver against the timeline.
- Communicate and track this timeline and deliverables via Wrike and other formats as required by the Director
- Continually adapt and update the project plan, as needed, in close communication with the EM2030 Secretariat
- Track budgets for key project deliverables
- Help the Director and EM2030 Secretariat members to prepare regular cross-Team project planning meetings in the run-up to the 2022 launch; provide administrative support for the meetings (for example, taking notes and capturing actions)
- Proactively raise and work to resolve (with the Director and relevant staff) risks, delays, and other complications that may impede plans and the agreed timeline
- Liaise with external consultants regarding deliverables where appropriate
- Other related duties as assigned
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- At least three years’ professional work experience
- Project management experience.
- Specific experience project managing global research and/or advocacy and communications products/events would be an asset. Experience with project management software and tools, and a willingness to learn how to work with Wrike;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with changing priorities and time pressures;
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and to communicate proactively;
- A can-do and flexible attitude to problem solving;
- A passion for gender equality and feminist and anti-racist principles is essential. Specific experience working in the non-profit sector and with smaller civil society organisations will be an asset;
- Significant experience living and working outside Europe and North America is a strong asset;
- Fluency in English is essential and language skills in French and/or Spanish would be a significant asset;
- Ability to work remotely and with colleagues based in different time zones.
Timeline and estimated budget
This work is expected to commence as soon as possible in October 2021 and be completed by the end of March 2022 (November 2021 to end January 2022 are expected to be a “crunch period”).
Estimated number of days in total is 50-75 days and the anticipated budget allocation is $18,000 to $25,000 USD.
Prospective candidates should submit:
- A letter of interest including proposed approach and considerations
- A CV
- Your daily rate and anticipated number of days
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “**EM2030 Project Manager**”
The deadline for submissions is 29th September 2021. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and we may choose to appoint early if we find the right candidate