Communications Officer – French Speaking
Communications Officer – French Speaking
Organization: Equal Measures 2030 (EM2030)
Location: Flexible/Remote in a country where you have the right to work
Contract term: Fixed term to December 2023
Hours per week: 16 hours (Mon-Thu) Part-time Salary range: USD $30,000-$50,000 full-time equivalent (USD $15,000-$25,000 for 50% part-time) + Benefits
- 4-day (Monday-Thursday) work week. We do not work on Fridays.
- We are a fully remote global team.
- Paid time off (including 25 vacation days per year; pro rata for part-time employees).
- Employer contribution to pension/retirement savings.
- Income insurance.
- Health/medical insurance (varies by country).
- “Work At Home” and “Learning & Development” allowances.
About Equal Measures 2030 (EM2030):
EM2030 is a collaboration of national, regional, and global leaders from feminist networks, civil society, international development and the private sector. We connect data and evidence with advocacy and action on gender equality, to transform the lives of women and girls and realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It is more than 25 years since 189 countries committed to the Beijing Platform for Action by advancing women’s rights. And we have less than 10 years until the 2030 deadline for achieving the SDGs and their promise of gender equality.
But Equal Measures 2030’s SDG Gender Index shows that not a single country has yet achieved gender equality.
Our Strategic Plan 2020-2025 is founded on the belief that data can expose gender inequality and injustice, motivate change, and drive accountability. From 2020 to 2025, working with women and girls and across feminist organizations and movements, Equal Measures 2030 will catalyse change through data-driven advocacy aimed at holding governments and policymakers accountable.
Rapid change on gender equality is possible. Join us to help make it happen.
About this role:
Reporting to the Head of Communications and working in close collaboration with other colleagues across the EM2030 team, write and disseminate external communications material, respond to enquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events. To succeed you should have fluency in written and spoken in French and English. You should be able to work independently, think creatively and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What you’ll do:
- Support the development and implementation of an updated version of EM2030’s communications and advocacy strategy
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, and other external communications material about EM2030 activities, products and/or services.
- Under the supervision of the Head of communications establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, girls and women’s rights thought leaders and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of EM2030, and coordinate events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
Knowledge, skills, and/or experience you’ll need:
- Excellent knowledge of girls and women’s rights movements in Francophone Africa
- Knowledge of the media and social media landscape in Francophone Africa
- Demonstrated commitment to Feminist, Anti-Racist and Anti-Oppression values and principles, and to decolonizing work in the International Development sector
- Able to work remotely effectively, including across timezones, whilst managing work/life balance.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
- Experience writing blogs, curating content for social media platforms and coordinating online events
What we offer:
Our team is collaborative, friendly, flexible, and based in different countries all around the world.
We have been improving our remote working approaches, systems, and tools since our founding in 2017, and are committed to making EM2030 a great place to work no matter where in the world our team members are located. We are powered by our values and principles, not just in “what” we do but also in “how” we do it:
- We are guided by feminist principles and a belief in the importance of gender justice
- We are collaborative and believe in the power of women’s collective action
- We are rigorous in our analysis and transparent about our methodology and approach
- We are outspoken
- We listen and learn
We recognise that it is people that will enable us to reach our vision and mission. We aim to offer a wide range of benefits as outlined above.
How to apply:
Please submit in English, a current CV, along with a cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the role, and how you would contribute to EM2030’s vision and mission. Please include "Communications Officer – French Speaking" in the subject line of the email and submit to Saran Koly at: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15th 2022.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To learn more about EM2030 and our work, please visit our website at https://www.equalmeasures2030.org and review our strategic plan.
People from and based in the Global South, women; trans, non-binary and intersex persons; persons with disabilities and other candidates from historically oppressed groups, of all ages, are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Equal Measures 2030 is a fiscally sponsored project of Panorama Global, a 501(c)(3) social impact nonprofit that empowers changemakers through radical collaboration.
Employment of this role will be facilitated by Panorama Global. Equal Measures 2030’s team members in the USA are employees of Panorama Global, and team members outside of the USA are employees of a Professional Employer Organization/Employer of Record (PEO/EOR) that is appropriately registered as an employer in the individual's respective country of work to ensure compliance with local labor law.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship or immigration status, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, age, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email SponsoredProjectsHR@panoramaglobal.org.
Final offer will be contingent on confirmation of the individual’s eligibility to work in his/her respective country.