How We Work
How will we work towards gender equality?
By developing and disseminating data, analysis, and tools.
- Maintaining and improving the SDG Gender Index to robustly track progress on gender equality across the SDGs.
- Developing innovative data analysis approaches and tools on key thematic issues within the Index.
- Increasing uptake of the SDG Gender Index and our other data and tools among advocates and champions from various sectors.
- Connecting advocates with gender data from other data producers
By developing capacity in data-driven advocacy
- Supporting gender equality advocates’ data literacy, capacity and learning and building a community of data-driven advocacy experts.
- Providing technical advice to partners to create their own tools that track and visualize local and national gender data
By conducting advocacy in partnership
- Building long-term partnerships with, and contribute funding to, feminist organizations and movements to support their data-driven advocacy for gender equality at local and national levels.
- Leveraging regional and global advocacy, communications and event platforms to amplify and support the advocacy efforts of our national partners.
- Using the collective voice of our partnership to galvanize support for gender equality by government decision makers and other champions.