EM2030 presents the SDG Gender Index, Gender Advocates Data Hub and Global Report during UN General Assembly
On 24 September 2018, alongside the UN General Assembly (UNGA), Equal Measures 2030 presented the new SDG Gender Index and Gender Advocates Data Hub to hundreds of leading gender, data and SDG advocates and policymakers in New York.
During the event, guests explored gender equality insights from 600+ gender advocates as we shared findings from our Global Advocates Survey, as well as stories from our work around the world. Guests also enjoyed a marketplace of data visualizations created and shared live in collaboration with Tableau Public and the Makeover Monday community.
Guests had the opportunity to dig deeper into the SDG Gender Index findings during our regional marketplace by engaging with national partners who offered perspectives about gender equality and data issues across EM2030’s six focus countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
The afternoon was filled with powerful discussions on how we can and must use data to secure progressive and lasting change for girls and women worldwide. Speakers included:
- Alison Holder, Director of Equal Measures 2030
- Gayle Smith, President and CEO of ONE Campaign
- Emily Courey Pryor, Executive Director of Data2X
- Margarita Fernández, Technical and Planning Manager, Institute for Women’s Development, Government of El Salvador
- Ángela Anzola de Toro, Secretary of Women’s Affairs, District of Bogotá, Colombia
- Diane Jacovella, Deputy Minister of International Development, Global Affairs Canada
Did you know...?Findings from EM2030 and Ipsos Mori Global Advocates Survey 2018
Visualizing equality with Tableau Public and the Makeover Monday community
We teamed up with Tableau Public and the Makeover Monday community to find new stories in our Global Advocates Survey data. Every Monday, enthusiastic data visualizers from all over the world are given a data set and asked to improve and strengthen the way the data are communicated. This round the challenge was to #VisualizeEquality.