How can I use a heat map to support and leverage my advocacy messages?
Explore the drivers of change for country’s different SDG goal scores and identify why the score has changed by checking which indicators have improved or gotten worse since 2015. One can also see how these changes compare to other countries around the world. The 56 gender-related indicators capture legal frameworks, women’s views on a range of issues, policy outcomes including SDG, CEDAW and national targets and commitments.
- Choose an SDG and indicator from the drop-down menu – to see a list of all of the possible indicator choices, click on View Full List of Indicators.
- The default reference year is 2020, but it can also be changed to 2015.
- Hover cursor over the map and select a country of interest.
- View the chart on the right-hand side of the viz which shows Index scores for the indicator for all countries sorted by score level.
- The table above the chart provides the original indicator value, the corresponding standardized index score for the indicator and the actual reference year.
- Hover cursor over circles in the chart to see other country values. The line represents the average score for the corresponding region.
- To output your viz image, see instructions below in Sharing and saving your Index viz
The default view shows the indicator “share of women in parliament” in 2020. Select Mexico by clicking on the map. In looking at the table and chart that appear on the right-hand side of the viz we can see that Mexico improved from 38% in 2015 to 48% in 2021 thus reaching gender parity. Mexico’s index score for this indicator was 100 in 2020. It is one of only a handful of countries around that achieved the target in 2020.
Sharing and saving your Index viz
There are three buttons at the bottom right corner of each visualization that allow users to share the infographic by email or social media and to download the visualization in three different formats. Click on the relevant icon to share or save your country data in any of the four Index visualizations.
To share your viz image
- Click on the Share icon
- Select email, Twitter or Facebook link or copy link to share on other social media
- Follow instructions within social media platforms
To download your viz image
- Click on the Download icon
- Select format for file
Read the full report.
Download and read the full report to get a detailed picture of the ground gained and lost from 2015 to 2020.