How can I use a heat map to support and leverage my advocacy messages?
The heat map provides a quick visual on how a country is performing on gender equality across each of the SDG goals. Users can quickly spot an area which is a strength or a weakness for different countries, and whether the situation has improved or deteriorated in recent years in comparison.
- Choose a region and country from the dropdown menu.
- Sort by Index score or the score for any single SDG in the drop-down menu.
- Hover cursor over an icon to see the country score or change in points since 2015. See the legend for the definition of each icon.
- To output your viz image, see instructions below in Sharing and saving your Index viz.
The opening view shows country scores sorted by SDG 1 on poverty. No country, even those ranking in the top 10, have good scores on gender equality across all of the goals. For example, Finland and Switzerland had ‘poor’ scores on SDG 13 on climate action – and both have worsened since 2015. Being able to see the level of a score as well as the direction and magnitude of change since 2015 can provide compelling insights on a country’s overall progress on gender equality.
Sharing and saving your Index viz
There are three buttons at the bottom right corner of each visualization that allow users to share the infographic by email or social media and to download the visualization in three different formats. Click on the relevant icon to share or save your country data in any of the four Index visualizations.
To share your viz image
- Click on the Share icon
- Select email, Twitter or Facebook link or copy link to share on other social media
- Follow instructions within social media platforms
To download your viz image
- Click on the Download icon
- Select format for file
Read the full report.
Download and read the full report to get a detailed picture of the ground gained and lost from 2015 to 2020.