How can I use a heat map to support and leverage my advocacy messages?
The country profile provides a intuitive diagnostic for gender equality that uses three different benchmarks. These benchmarks can be used to build a narrative on the areas of strengths and weaknesses for a country: 1) how close or far a country is to the absolute target score of 100 points; 2) how a country compares to the other countries in its geographic region; and 3) how a country score has changed for each SDG since 2015.
- Hover the cursor over the map to find your country of interest.
- Select by clicking on the country (Brazil appears as an example but will be replaced by your selection).
- View the bar chart on the right of the screen.
- Sort by level or change by clicking on the icon at the bottom of the chart.
- To output your viz image, see instructions below in Sharing and saving your Index viz
The default view shows the country profile for Brazil sorted by goal score. We can see that Brazil’s stronger scores on gender equality: SDG 6 on water, SDG 2 on nutrition, and SDG 7 on energy. Its weaknesses, or lowest scores, are for SDG 13 on climate action and SDG 5 on gender equality. Brazil under-performed compared to the average for Latin America and the Caribbean on 9 of the 14 goals, especially for SDG 5 on gender equality where the Brazil scored 46 points compared to the regional average score of 63 points. Since 2015, Brazil improved its score the most for SDG 9 on innovation and saw its score drop the most for SDG 17 on partnerships and SDG 5 on gender equality.
Sharing and saving your Index viz
There are three buttons at the bottom right corner of each visualization that allow users to share the infographic by email or social media and to download the visualization in three different formats. Click on the relevant icon to share or save your country data in any of the four Index visualizations.
To share your viz image
- Click on the Share icon
- Select email, Twitter or Facebook link or copy link to share on other social media
- Follow instructions within social media platforms
To download your viz image
- Click on the Download icon
- Select format for file
Read the full report.
Download and read the full report to get a detailed picture of the ground gained and lost from 2015 to 2020.